- March 11, 2014 - RBC’s Janice Fukakusa named Canada’s CFO of the Year for 2014
- March 6, 2013 - Brookfield Asset Management’s Brian Lawson named CFO of the Year for 2013
- December 6, 2012 - Canada’s CFO of the Year™ welcomes new 2013 Selection Committee members
- October 1, 2012 - Canada's CFO of the Year ™ 2013 award nominations now open
- March 13, 2012 - TD Bank Group’s Colleen Johnston named CFO of the Year for 2012
- November 17, 2011 - Canada’s CFO of the Year™ welcomes new 2012 Selection Committee members
- October 12, 2011 - Canada's CFO of the Year™ 2012 award nominations now open
- March 16, 2011 - PCL's Gordon Maron named Canada's CFO of the Year™ for 2011
- December 8, 2010 - Canada's CFO of the Year welcomes new 2011 Selection Committee members
- October 25, 2010 - Canada's CFO of the Year™ 2011 Award Nominations now open
- September 9, 2010 - Robert Half welcomed as a Presenting Sponsor of Canada’s CFO of the Year™ Award
- March 24, 2010 - Richard Bird of Enbridge Inc. and Cynthia Devine of Tim Hortons Inc. Named Winners of Canada’s CFO of the Year™ for 2010
- March 16, 2009 - Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited’s David Garofalo Named Canada’s CFO of the Year™ for 2009
- November 17, 2008 - Canada’s CFO of the Year™ 2009 Award Nominations now Open
- April 29, 2008 - Agrium Inc.'s Bruce Waterman named Canada's CFO of the Year™ for 2008
- December 3, 2007 - Canada's CFO of the Year™ 2008 Award Nominations now Open
- April 4, 2007 - Nexen Inc.'s Marvin Romanow Named Canada's CFO of the Year™ for 2007
- April 18, 2006 - BMO Financial Group's Karen Maidment Named Canada's CFO of the Year™ for 2006
• Background on Canada’s CFO of the Year™ Award Program
Background on Canada’s CFO of the Year™ Award Program
The Canada's CFO of the Year™ Award (CFOY) was founded in late 2002 and is presented annually by PwC, Financial Executives International Canada (FEI Canada) and Robert Half.
The annual award honours the quality, insight and direction of an outstanding candidate among Canada's senior financial leaders. It also aims to further public understanding of the important role CFOs play in the stewardship of a business and in reinforcing public trust. To set apart the CFOY from other award programs, we strive to position it as an equal celebration of individual achievement and collective contribution.
Candidates may be nominated in any business sector by CEOs, members of boards of directors, financial analysts and other senior executives. An independent Selection Committee composed of some of Canada's most prominent business leaders selects Canada's CFO of the Year™. Selection Committee. The criteria by which nominees are judged centres around five key areas: Vision and Leadership, Corporate Reporting and Performance, Social Responsibility, Innovation and Business Complexity.
The award program culminates each spring with a gala award dinner attended by senior leadership from many of Canada’s leading organizations.